- ISPGHAN NATIONAL ANNUAL CONFERENCES
- DELEGATE FEES : registration for people and students for conference and venue (high class/ simple) needs to be discussed. Every year we have this issue of rising cost of organization of meeting and difficulty in finding sponsors vs registration fee. The point was discussed and it is decided that the organizers should make an effort to keep the delegate fees at the lowest possible keeping in mind the expenditure and the fund generated. It is not mandatory to conduct the meeting at a hotel and the auditorium in government/private hospitals may be acceptable provided that the audio visual and other facilities are good. Separate registration for one day for the pediatricians may be allowed. A discussion regarding the use of ISPGHAN PAN card along with GST for the organization of the annual meeting of our society was done however no consensus could be achieved. This point needs opinion from the ISPGHAN account auditor and experts in this area before a decision can be taken.
- Date of Annual conference should not clash with any major international conference. Accepted
- Mid term conference : what should be the priority? Monothematic preferable It was accepted by all that the mid term conference should be monothematic. The next year conference will be conducted by Dr Neelam Mohan.
- ORGANIZER FOR THE 2021 MEETING : Asked for application from interested parties by 10th October 2019.Last year Dr Prashant Bachina had expressed interest for hosting the 2021 meeting in Hyderabad. Annual ISPGHAN meeting for the year 2021will be organized by Dr Prashant Bachina at Hyderabad
- PROGRESS AND ISSUES WITH THE 2020 ANNUAL CONFERENCE-ORGANIZING – Dr R K Gupta/Dr Lalit Bharadia/Dr Natwar Parwalto present the progress. The Jaipur team has started working for the Annual conference of 2020.The dates are yet to be fixed and everyone preferred that it should be held in the month of September . The details will be sent by the organizers soon.
- Live workshops with demonstration on live patients and hands-on training is recommended or not by ISPGHAN. Live workshops are not recommended by ISPGHAN
- To create a post of Scientific Chairperson and nominate a member (for 1 year) who will chalk out the scientific program for the year along with the President/ Secretary General and Organizing secretary of the meeting as part of the committee. It was decided that there is no need for nominating another person for the scientific committee.A team of 4 people i.eScientific chairperson and the organizing secretary of the meeting hosting the conference alongwith the President and secretary of ISPGHAN are good enough to decide the scientific program.
- ISPGHAN FELLOWSHIP : Detailed agenda to be compiled by coordinator DrAshishBavdekar. Few of the issues being –
- What should be upper age limit for application for fellowship? 40 years
- Should we invite new centers who want to run fellowship every year or alternate years? Every alternate year and so next invitation will be in the year 2021
- Current ISPGHAN fee is Rs 30000/- per student. Is a centre allowed to take separate fee from candidate? Fee is restricted to Rs 30000/-per student. No separate fee should be charged by the centres that are running the ISPGHAN fellowship program..
- One year / two-yearfellowship program? One year program was preferred by the majority.
- Rules regarding admission e.g students who join one centre and leave and join another centre . Students will not be encouraged to join one centre and thereafter leave and join another centre. A check on this may be maintained by the coordinators of the ISPGHAN fellowship at all centres.
- Fine tuning the amended guidelines especially in relation to the method of exit exam. Methods for ensuring a basic minimum training so as to maintain the standard of teaching Fine tuning of the amended guidelines and maintenance of log books has to be sorted out by Dr Ashish Bavdekar along with all centre coordinators. It was felt that a centralised entrance exam will not be possible. A minimum of 80% attendance should be mandatory for all the ISPGHAN fellows to appear for the exit exam. Candidates who fall short of attendance will have to write the exit exam later.
- E-JOURNAL : Presentation by Dr ShrishBhatnagar.E journal will be completing one year,we need another set of volunteers for year 2021. E journal will be continued till 2022, plan to start the print version of the journal will be decided later. Dr SK Yachha, DrMoinak Sen Sarma, Dr Anurag Tomar, DrBhaswati Acharya and Dr MalathiSathiyasekaran have volunteered for working for the journal as members of the editorial board.
- NUTRITION COURSE : Decision regarding Nutrition course is still pending needs inputs from Dr Naresh.. Dr Naresh will be sending his inputs in next 3-6 months.
- ELECTION FOR NEW EXECUTIVE BODY OF ISPGHAN : Results to be given by Dr Seema Alam. Should we specify 5regions and ask for applications for EB members from each region or keep it open as of now.THE NEW ISPGHAN BOARD MEMBERS FOR THE YEAR 2019-2021 OCT have been elected.PRESIDENT : Dr John Matthai. Dr SutapaGanguly expressed her inability to accept the position of president for this term due to personal reasons. Thereafter, Dr John Mathai was elected unanimously.SECRETARY : Dr Shrish Bhatnagar and Dr Naresh Shanmugam have applied for the post of secretary. Later Dr Shirish Bhatnagar withdrew his name and so Dr Naresh Shanmugam is the elected secretary.TREASURER : Dr Vishwanathan MSJOINT TREASURER : Dr Srinivas ShankaranarayanEXECUTIVE BOARD :Dr Jaya Agarwal, Dr Vikrant Sood, Dr Natwar Porwal ,Dr Bhaswati Acharya, Dr Sumathi Bhavanandam
- ISPGHAN WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT and progress to be presented by Dr Vishnu Biradar The website update was presented by Dr Vishnu and his hard work was appreciated by all. ISPGHAN has to pay for the development of the website.
- FELLOW ISPGHAN AWARD : rules regarding selection to be formulated. The next ISPGHAN fellow Award can be given only after the society has 300 members
- SKY ISPGHAN AWARD FOR YOUNG INVESTIGATOR – Presentation by Dr Vishnu Biradar. The SKY ISPGHAN Award for young investigator was accepted by all. The age limit for this award will be 55 years. Rules and regulations for application of this award have to be formulated by a team which will include Dr SK Yachha, Dr Vishnu Biradar alongwith the President and Secretary of ISPGHAN
- ISPGHAN MEMBERSHIP – Life and associate membership criteria. DR VISHNU BIRADAR
1. Should we make them more specific for the new members?
- Like only those who have degree, fellowship or one year training in pediatric gastroenterology/hepatolgy in India or abroad.
2. Membership rules for allied health people like dieticians and addition to our constitution which is lacking at present.
3. How to keep members active?
- Add concept of credit points by participating in ped gastro meetings
- Yearly subscription fees (token amount ~ Rs 100 per year) to remain active member. We can send payment link and take online payment through our new website system. Due to lack of time, this agenda was not discussed adequately. Membership rules for allied health people like dieticians need to be formulated by the ISPGHAN executive board. Yearly subscription fee was not accepted by the members. For other points no consensus was achieved and the matter needs to be discussed in the next GBM.
- FORMULATION OF NEW ISPGHAN GUIDELINES : Suggestion is to include at least one member from each zone in the consensus meeting. This was accepted.
- ANY OTHER MULTICENTRIC STUDIES WHICH MEMBERS ARE INTERESTED IN PLANNING? No inputs from any members
- PROGRESS OF FOLLOWING WILL BE PRESENTED
- Two ISPGHAN Guidelines on Milk Formula and CMPA: Dr John Mathai One guideline on special formulations has been accepted by Indian Pediatrics. Other guideline on CMPA is being written and will be submitted soon.
- IBD multicentric Data collection- Dr Anshu/ Dr Malathi Data collection is complete and Dr Barath Jagadisan is currently analyzing the data. Thereafter Dr Anshu and Dr Malathi will write the manuscript and complete this work.
- PRISM activity : Dr Malathi/ Dr Anshu The details of the various PRISM meetingsis attached at the end..
- Audit report of ISPGHAN will be presented by Dr Srinivas The audit report could not be presented due to lack of time.It will need to be submitted by Dr Srinivas to all executive board members.
- ANY OTHERS : pressing agenda by the permission of the President ISPGHAN Update- The “Pediatric Gastroenterology Literature Fest” was done first time in Nagpur and the second event is scheduled in November 2019 at Raipur. As this is a good educational activity we wish to continue this on an yearly/ every 2 years
ISPGHAN PRISM UPDATE
ISPGHAN has taken the initiative to organize meetings for the pediatricians to provide updates on important topics in Pediatric Hepatology and Gastroenterology. The Updates are being organised under the name of Pediatric Interest Meet (PRISM).This year 14 meeting were successfully conducted in various places in the country. the list of meetings conducted is given below :
|S NO||DATE||PLACE||SPEAKERS||NO OF DELEGATES|
|1||23.6.2019||Agra||DrLalithBaradia (Lead) DrVidyut Bhatia DrShivaniDeswal||52|
|2||7.7.2019||Ernakulam||Dr Maya Peethambaran (Lead) DrPrashanth K.S. Dr M.S. Viswanathan||60|
|3||21.7.2019||Delhi||Dr. Neelam Mohan (Lead) Dr. SakshiKarkra Dr Vikrant Sood Dr. Vidhyut Bhatia||52|
|4||28.7.2019||Bhilwara||Dr. Raj Kumar Gupta (Lead) Dr. Rishi Bolia Dr. NatwarParwal||45|
|5||28.7.2019||Vishakapatnam||Dr. Nagendra Kumar V.S. (Lead) Dr. UpendraShava Dr. RimjhimShrivastava||55|
|6||10.8./2019||Varanasi||DrBhaswatiAccharya(Lead) Dr Jaya Agarwal||45|
|7||18.8.2019||MORADABAD||Dr. Rajeev Khanna (Lead) Dr Deepak Goyal Dr. SmitaMalhotra||38|
|8||25.8.2019||Vadodara||DrVibhorBorkar (Lead) Dr MoinakSen Dr Somasekhara||33|
|9||15.9.2019||PATNA||Dr. SutapaGanguly (Lead) Dr. BhaswatiAccharya Dr. SrikantPandey Dr. SudipSaha||61|
|10||15.9.2019||MUMBAI||Dr. AabhaNagral (Lead) Dr. YogeshWaikar Dr. Dimple Jain||67|
|11||9/15/2019||Kanpur||Dr. Jaya Agarwal (Lead) Dr. Sumit Singh||56|
|12||9/26/2019||Noida||Dr. Sarath 9810129965 (Lead) Dr. Sumit Singh 7275210460 Dr. Mridul Das||81|
|13||9/22/2019||Erode||DrSumathi (Lead) DrSrinivas DrBarath Kumar||65|
|14||9/22/2019||TRICHUR||Dr. R Bhanu (Lead) Dr. Geetha M||40|
MINUTES OF THE GBM HELD ON 27TH OCTOBER, 2018
- Fellow ISPGHAN. Prof S K Yachha was unanimously elected as the first fellow of ISPGHAN. The Fellows will be accorded a separate membership number and shall use the title Fellow ISPGHAN. The award of the same will be given in the annual conference in 2019. One fellow may be selected for every 150 members in the society, until the membership of the society reaches 750, after which the general body shall alter this ratio as deemed fit.
- Formation of Ped-Gastro State chapters etc. Implications, Advantages : It was decided that EB will prepare a set of rules which will be circulated for approval. Keeping in mind the issues related to very small number of ISPGHAN members in some states, it was decided that instead of chapter, we should keep it as a branch of ISPGHAN in order to avoid confusion.
- ISPGHAN National Annual Conferences :
- Delegate Fees : It was decided to keep a ceiling for the upper limit for early bird registration of member to Rs 4000/-, while the same should be Rs 2000-2500/- for students/post-graduates and for allied professionals like dieticians.
- Free accommodation for Post-graduates/Presenters : It was decided to provide free shared accommodation for all 16 oral paper / Award paper presenters and only top 20 poster (posters of excellence) presenters.For the other students who will be presenting posters, providing free accommodation was optional depending on the organizers of the meeting. It would be preferable if options for paid accommodation in a decent, safe place near the venue are given by the organizing committee for other students.
- Using PAN card of ISPGHAN for annual national conference : General body deliberated at length on this issue and it was decided that the ISPGHAN pan card will not be used for the organization of the annual meetings at this time.
- Scientific Committee : “The scientific committee of all ISPGHAN conferences and meetings shall consist of the conference organizing secretary and one member of the local organizing committee, President or Secretary, PLUS two members of ISPGHAN (chosen for a two year term during an annual conference)”. Hence it was decided that 2 volunteers can be chosen by the organizing team of 2019 meeting for the scientific committee who should have a say in the decision matters of the annual meeting.
- Venue and organizing team for 2019 & 2020 conference :
2019 Conference : Dr. Naresh Shanmugam gave a presentation for the next years’ conference at Chennai on 18-20th October (tentative, dates to be finalized soon). He will be the Organizing Secretary and Dr. Malathi Sathiyasekaran will be the Organizing Chairperson. It was suggested by Prof Yachha to keep Prof Mohd Rela as Patron for the event, and there should be a judicial participation of national and international faculty in the event, so that the national members should not feel sidelined. This was unanimously approved provided.
2020 Conference : Dr. Lalit Bharadia gave a presentation and gave a proposal to have the conference in 2020 at Jaipur. Organizing Chairperson will be Dr. R. K. Gupta and Organizing Secretary will be Dr. Lalit Bharadia. This was unanimously approved provided that the dates should be finalized by next year and should be somewhere between Dusshera and Diwali, but not on the day of Karva-Chauth. Care to be taken to see that the dates of the annual conference do not clash with other International Pediatric gastroenterology or important national pediatric meetings.
- MMS Oration : It was unanimously decided that a team of 3 members (Prof S K Yachha, Dr Bhaskar Raju and Dr Sutapa Ganguly) will look after the issues of MMS oration for a period of 2 years (2019-2020). The team will lay down the eligibility criterion for oration which will be based on number of years of work in pediatric gastroenterology, number of publications, etc.From the year 2019, we will first ask for applications within a given time frame as per the current guidelines. Thereafter, in case there are no applications in the given time frame, then this team will elect a person and ask him/her to deliver the MMS oration. They will also select the orator in case of 1applicants for the oration.
- ISPGHAN Mid Term And Other Conferences : Venue should preferably be in non metros because we seem to be catering to the same audience and we need to reach out to other parts of the country. Mono thematic meetings may be encouraged as a midterm meeting.All CMEs organized by the members should be endorsed by ISPGHAN before the first call and a small token of Rs 5000 should be paid to ISPGHAN.
- ISPGHAN FELLOWSHIP : It was unanimously decided that the coordinator and lead for the ISPGHAN fellowship for the next 2 years will be Dr. Ashish Bavdekar.A core fellowship group consisting of -1 member from each fellowship centre/ President/secretary of ISPGHAN / 2 elected members who have experience in running teaching programs (Dr B R Thapa /Dr SK Yachha for the next 2 years and then it can be changed.) will decide on the program related issues like-
- Dates of exit and entry exams
- Duration of program 1 year or 2 years.
- Posting for 2-4weeks at other centers.
- Best fellow Prize to be given to the best candidate (as per the performance in the exit exam) during the annual conf.
- Other issues from centers offering fellowship program
- Log book (cases seen, case presentations, seminars or journal clubs discussed or presented, procedures seen, assisted and performed, publications during the tenure of fellowship)
- EB member : As we are short of 1 EB member, applications were invited for a 5th member from the East zone. There were 3 applications – Dr. Sutapa Ganguly, Dr. Bhaswati and Dr. Srikant Pandey. Hence an election was conducted on separate ballot papers. The election officer (Dr Neelam Mohan) has declared the result that Dr Sutapa Ganguly has been elected for a term of 1 year i.e. until oct 2019 as EB member.
- Updating and bringing out a Third edition of our Pediatric Gastroenterology Specialty Book. Dr Malathi has already received mail from President IAP, regarding this. However, it is already quite late to finish the book by January 2019, so it was decided that we should do this for next year. Dr. John Mathai and Dr. Ashish Bavdekar will be the Chief Editors along with 2 associate editors (to be decided), and will discuss this with central IAP
- ISPGHAN Bulletin : Everyone was of the opinion that we should start a bulletin for the organization on a quarterly basis which may later take the form of a journal. A 4 page on-line bulletin may include messagef from the President, Secretary and Editor, One Review/Practice guidelines/Approach, One case report, 2 important abstracts published in some journal (Pedgastro elsewhere), important news (awards received by members, other events) and photos. The following names were proposed to lead this work for next 1 year:
- Dr. Shrish Bhatnagar – will be the lead person
- Dr. Rajeev Khanna
- Dr. Rishi Bolia
- Dr. Yogesh Waikar
- Registry for Rare Pediatric Gastroenterology and hepatology diseases : GBM asked for volunteers to come forward for this work. We have yet not received any names for this.
- Multicentre projects : IBD feedback was given by Dr Malathi/Anshu. It was discussed that participating centers need to speed up the process of filling the IBD proforma. It was decided that all members will be asked to complete this by Dec end 2018, so that results can be analyzed by mid of next year Work on ALF project: Dr. Ashish Bavdekar and Dr Neelam Mohan showed a proforma which will be circulated for approval.
- ISPGHAN Website : Dr. Vishnu Biradar gave a presentation for revival of our website. He proposed to completely shelve off the older one and bring out a new user-friendly website which will have option for member registration, online conference presentations and videos, membership information, society guidelines and newsletters. He also proposed for a user-friendly app for day to day discussion about the cases. The budget proposed was Rs 200,000/- for first 4 years, and then subsequently Rs 20,000/- per year. As per the ISPGHAN bank balance, it was decided to spend this much amount to revive the website. Dr. Anupam also proposed to have ISPGHAN facebook page and YouTube links to give a better face for the organization. It was also decided that the option of some pharma contribution for the website should be kept open.
- The following members were unanimously elected to take care of the website:
- Dr Srinivas S
- Dr. Rajeev Khanna
- Dr. Vishnu Biradar
- Dr. Barath J
- Efforts to raise money for the ISPGHAN : In view of paucity of funds, it was decided that there is a dire need to generate funds for the society. It was proposed that there should be a plan of action, involve companies and form a committee to look into this. A 5 member committee was proposed to look into this aspect:
- Dr. John Mathai
- Dr. Anupam Sibal
- Dr. Neelam Mohan
- President ISPGHAN (Dr. Malathi S)
- Secretary ISPGHAN (Dr. Anshu S)
- Should ISPGHAN be made a non-profit charitable society as this will allow us to reduce the taxes paid by the society. It was decided that as the amount of tax paid at the moment is relatively low, so we should remain non-charitable as of now. If in future the income of society increases significantly, we can think about this later.
- Audit of Accounts : Dr Srinivas gave a small presentation on the audit of ISPGHAN account. He also declared that they will be contributing a sum of Rs 1lac from the meeting held in Chennai in August 2018.Dr Naresh Shanmugam has donated the royalty of his book on Intensive care for children with liver disorders to the ISPGHAN.
- Payment to Central IAP for organizing the meetings : Most of our conferences are organized in association with the local IAP and their logo is used for the announcements and inauguration. Therefore the organizing secretary of the forthcoming conferences will coordinate with the IAP of that state in case they are using the IAP logo. The state IAP or district IAP will need to send the due amount of Rs 5000 to CIAP according to the rules of IAP.
- Acceptance of papers for the annual meeting : We should have an upper limit on the number of accepted papers based on merit. Oral papers: 16 (GI plenary-6, liver plenary-6, Mittal ward-4) Posters: Of all the posters received, 20 best posters will be selected on the basis of scientific content and these will be labeled as “posters of distinction”. The presenters of these 20 posters will be given free accommodation by the organizing team.
MINUTES OF THE GBM HELD ON 29TH OCTOBER, 2017 AT GUWAHATI
- CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF GBM HELD AT KOLKATA ON 24TH SEPTEMBER.
- ISPGHAN CONFERENCE GUIDELINES
It was discussed and decided that first there is need to relook at other society guidelines and then formulate after issuing circulation to everyone in a defined timeline.
- PAYMENT OF ₹ 20,000 PER CANDIDATE TO ISPGHAN TOWARDS CONDUCT OF THE FELLOWSHIP EXIT EXAM. PROPOSAL TO DECREASE OR CANCEL THIS FEE AS IT WAS GETTING DIFFICULT FOR SOME INSTITUTIONS (ESPECIALLY GOVERNMENT ONES) TO MAKE THE PAYMENT ESPECIALLY SINCE THE SOCIETY HAD MINIMAL EXPENSES TOWARDS CONDUCTING THIS YEAR’S EXIT EXAM.
The Committee suggested no change in the exam fees. The Institute who enrolled the candidate has to deposit fees 2 months before the exit exam. Certificate can’t be issued without paying the fee. The exit exam fees should be kept as same. The two institutes (SGRH &KEM) who have successfully conducted the exit exam of two students should be asked to pay the amount.
- To discuss whether there is a need for a workshop at all in the annual meeting.It was decided that we should not have live workshops at the annual or local meetings.
- ESTABLISHING PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY UNIT UNDER PUBLIC SECTOR AT GOVT. MEDICAL COLLEGE, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM – INTERVENTION OF THE ISPGHAN
The house discussed the point, different views expressed by the members but there was no unanimous consensus whether ISPGHAN can provide a letter to Dr. Prasanth. He has to sort this out at the local (State) level. This needs to be discussed further.
- Standard Operative Procedures for Conferences : What to do? How to proceed? Who should make the scientific programme? SOP regarding evaluation of abstracts To whom the abstracts should be sent? What is the criteria for unbiased expert / panel? How should the abstracts be scored – marking criteria should be different for written and presented papers. Prize money in various categories: should it be standardized with a 10-20% increase every 2-3 years.Everything has been done previously and need to revisit and revise in a time-line of 3 months.
- CAN FOREIGN STUDENTS APPLY FOR FELLOWSHIP?
The Committee discussed and recommended that foreign students can apply for ISPGHAN Fellowship provided they have MCI certification for eligibility qualification.
- WEBSITE: LACUNAE, PHOTOS, MEMBERS, ETC…. ON-LINE READING FOR LATEST RECOMMENDATIONS IN VARIOUS DISEASES BY DIFFERENT SOCIETIES ON THE WEBSITE.
SOPs, member’s names, contact details, photos and recommendations and guidelines should be uploaded on the website. Need to form a new website committee. As per unanimous consensus, the new website committee members formulated are Dr. Vishnu Biradar, Dr. J Bharat, Dr. Rajeev Khanna. Whatever has to be posted on the website by these members should be first approved by the President and Secretary.
- FUTURE ANNUAL CONFERENCES BID.
As per unanimous consensus, Dr. Abha Nagral’s offer to hold ISPGHAN 2018 at Mumbai was approved. Similarly, ISPGHAN 2019 was approved to be held at Chennai organised by Dr. Naresh Shanmugam’s offer. Decision about Dr. R. K. Gupta’s offer to hold ISPGHAN 2020 at Jaipur is withheld till next GBM.
- CP MITTAL AWARD MONEY.
It was decided to keep the Award money (3 lac) for fixed deposit and then this FD account should be connected with the ISPGHAN account. The cash award should be given out of the interest amount generated from this sum. It was opined that we should try to give more awards out of this.
- ELECTIONS AND FUNCTIONARIES ISPGHAN 2017-2019
President: Dr. Malathi Sathiyasekaran, Chennai (Unanimously elected)Secretary: Dr. Anshu Srivastava, Lucknow (Unanimously elected)
Executive Members :
- Dr. Vishnu Biradar, Pune
- Dr. Rajeev Khanna, Delhi
- Dr. Deepak Goyal, Delhi
- Dr. Anurag Tomar, Jaipur
Treasurer : Dr. Nirmala, Chennai
Joint Treasurer : Dr. Srinivas, Chennai
There is no option of co-opted membership.
Dr Sutapa and Dr Bhaswati submitted Rs 75,000- to the ISPGHAN bank account
Dr. Prasanth KP submitted a cheque of ₹ 10000/- to ISPGHAN account.
MINUTES OF THE GBM HELD ON 24TH SEPTEMBER 2016 AT KOLKATTA
- ISPGHAN FELLOWSHIP IN PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY:Following amendment proposed in the process of entrance examination of the ISPGHAN fellowship was passed unanimously by the house.
Under the clause of “Modality of Entrance examination”
- Point 1 : No change
- Point 2 : mentioned previously in the guideline should be deleted. Amendment: “Each nodal centre formulates/ prepares and conducts Part I: MCQ based examination and Part II: written departmental test to assess practical skills (no interview/ viva) at their (nodal) levels”. Each nodal center selects the candidates on merit as per defined eligibility criteria and ISPGHAN approved seats. Each nodal center will inform details of selected and waitlisted candidates including copies of filled application forms with enclosures of copies of certificates along with marks obtained to ISPGHAN secretary for records not later than August 31 of each calendar year. No candidate outside the list will be eligible for admission to fellowship program.
- Point 3 : No change
In view of difficulty expressed by ISPGHAN approved centres that some seats remain vacant in August session the matter was deliberated by GBM. To this effect a way out to fill this gap was proposed by Dr S K Yachha. “in case of seats remaining vacant for fellowship course at any approved centre entrance examination for fellowship courses for the vacant seat can be held in the month of December of that calendar year with the course beginning in January of next year without increase in seats approved for the centre. This should be done as per the norms approved by ISPGHAN including a fresh advertisement for that vacant seat only”
The above decision was unanimously approved by GBM. Each centre will have separate examination. Students who have qualified at any approved one centre can appear for interview at another centre. No student can be admitted without appearing for written entrance examination.
- ISPGHAN MEMBERSHIP FEES : It was decided that ISPGHAN life membership fees would be INR 1500 for those
registering upto July, 2017. The life membership fees would be INR 3000 for those registering from August, 2017 onwards. There would be no refund for those who have already registered.
- CME/ CONFERENCE FEE TO PAY TO ISPGHAN : The house constituted a committee to look into the matter and submit its recommendation: Prof B R Thapa, Dr John Mathai, Dr Malathi, Prof SK Yachha and Prof. Seema Alam as the committee members.
- Dr Bhanu Pillai from Kerala had put up an agenda stating “if state chapters of ISPGHAN can be made.” It was decided to formulate a committee comprising Dr John Matthai, Dr R K Gupta and Dr Sutapa Ganguly as the members who will submit their recommendations and guidelines if any for deliberation in the next GBM.
- NEW PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY MODULES :
It was decided to modify the existing gastro modules of IAP and prepare new gastro modules of ISPGHAN.
- MEHTA-MITTAL- SANKARNARAYAN ORATION : The method of selecting awardees for the oration was discussed. It was decided to continue with the current protocol of first inviting applications and then selection by the review board.
- “CP MITTAL YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD” : Dr Naveen Mittal presented a cheque of INR three lakhs to ISPGHAN as a research fund for this particular academic activity to enhance talent. An announcement of call for full papers will be done by ISPGHAN six months before the annual conference. The award paper will be selected by a review board. The selected paper will be presented at the plenary session in the annual ISPGHAN conference and a cash award will be given out of the interest amount generated from this sum.
- CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES ON CELIAC DISEASE AND EHPVO : Clinical practice guidelines will be prepared on celiac disease and EHPVO. Dr SK Yachha will head the task force for formulating guidelines on EHPVO. Dr BR Thapa will head the task force for formulating guidelines on celiac disease.
MINUTES OF GBM — ISPGHAN (2 OCT 2015, NEW DELHI)
Meeting started with welcome by Dr. S K Yachha. Minutes are as below :
- AP Gastro module — Dr. John briefed that 10 CMEs were already done and 15 are planned in next 2 months. Current program would stop by 25™ Nov.in general there was good feed back by the participants at all places and the modules were felt to be useful in day to day practice.Dr. S K Yachha thanked Dr. John for the commendable job of getting the modules prepared and coordinating with IAP for conducting CMEs pan India.Dr. Seema suggested to plan CMEs in more needy states/districts.Dr. John stated that the module shall be used under IAP banner till Dec 2015 after which ISPGHAN can conduct the activity on its own as the scientific content belongs to ISPGHAN
- ISPGHAN Constipation guideline – Dr. Lalit briefed about the recently conducted meeting in Jaipur to formulate the constipation guideline. Dr. Yachha suggested a time of 2 months for the manuscript to be submitted to the participants for their final review and then to send for publication in another 1 month time. Apart from publication in Indian Pediatrics, it was discussed to prepare a booklet to be distributed to the pediatrician of the country which can be a sponsored activity.
- Research Collaboration -— Two areas for research identified and thecoordinators nominated for same includes — ALF -— Dr. Neelam / Dr. Ashish IBD — Dr. Malathi/ Dr. Anshu
- Dr. S K Yachha announced that the previous year ISPGHAN Resolution on Certain special feeding formulations and Drugs was endorsed by INASL, IAP and ISG and is to be submitted to Govt. of India. This job was cntrusted to Dr.Yachha and Dr.Neelam for further action and follow -up.
- Ped GE Fellowship- Executive body passed 1 year fellowship resolution with a plan to start in Aug every year. Entry and exit examination to be held by ISPGHAN. Dr. Anupam Sibal suggested starting fellowship in Jan, but majority felt starting in August has advantage as DM and others entrance examination’s are already over by then and the possibility of the drop out will be less.
- CSO — Appreciation of CSO by ISPGHAN
- Membership appraisal — Applications of 66 members were approved by GBM as life members. All existing Ped. Gastro members to become ISPGHAN members by payment of membership fees of Rs 1000 till 31° July, 2016 and after that Rs 3000. Dr. John suggested to put up an advertisement in Indian Pediatrics so that the message reaches all preexisting Ped Gastro members. New membership shall be as per constitution.Dr. Neelam informed that nearly 600 Ped Gastro Chapter members have been sent communication to this effect.
- Online membership form proposal by Dr. Srinivas — People can fill the form with registration fee and receive an autoreply that the application is in process. Secretary to assess the qualification, proposer and seconder and approve or reject and refund by cheque.
- Amendment in constitution — passed to postpone GBM date to 31” Dec of every year
- Dr Srinivas submitted Financial audit. A FD of 5 lac was informed to everyone. .
- CAPGAN — Everyone thanked Dr. Neelam for her efforts to organize CAPGAN meeting that was a great success.
- Election result: Dr. Anshu announced the election results. The following office bearers were elected unanimously for next 2 calendar years(Jan, 2016 to 31 Dec 2017). Dr. B R Thapa — President Dr. Seema Alam — Secretary Dr. Srinivas—Treasurer | Jk Treatimen- Ur’r mala Dr. Naresh Shanmugam, Dr. Barath, Dr. Nishant, Dr. Moinak Sen and Dr. Narayan as EB members
- .Dr. Naveen Mittal had submitted a proposal to introduce an award to boost| science in India through research and he desired it to be named as “Chandra Prakash Mittal award” and to this effect he would contribute one time sum of Rs. 3 lacs. The GB approved the agenda and decided to name the award as “Chandra Prakash Mittal Plenary session award” from the year 2016. The Session will be conducted in annual conference every year. The modalities of the award will be decided further. The ISPGHAN will deposit this money in FD under their account and the award money will be paid from the interest generated from FD.
- Dr. Naresh Shanmugam announced that the “Advanced Pediatric Nutrition Course” structured module will be ready in 8-9 months and the topics have been allotted.
- Dr. Neelam thanked everyone who did ISPGHAN associated meetings — total 5 in past 1 year ( Dr. Seema — CSPLD, Dr. S K Mittal — Mid term, Dr. Natwar — MGM hospital, Jaipur, and team Apollo — KVO course)
- Dr. Neelam announced a motility workshop in Medanta in early 2016 — by Dr. Manu Sood, Dr. Anshu and Dr. Sakshi
- The next Conference (ISPGHAN 2016) was agreed to be done in Kolkatta with Dr. Bhaswati Acharya as organizing secretary and Dr. Sutapa Ganguly as
- Jaipur group (Dr. R.K.Gupta, Dr. Lalit Bharadia and Dr. Natwar Paliwal) also expressed their desire to do the next ISPGHAN Conference 2017 which will be finalized in the next GBM.
GBM ended with thanks to all rchbn DR.NEELAM MOHAN DR.S.K.YACHHA SECRETARY-ISPGHAN PRESIDENT -ISPGHAN
INDIAN SOCIETY OF PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY, HEPATOLOGY AND NUTRITION (ISPGHAN)
(Registered under The Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975, Sl No-361of 2013)
Minutes of the GBM of ISPGHAN September 20, 2014, Kochi
- It was decided that minutes of GBM should be circulated to every member within 3 to 4 weeks of meeting. Any objections received within another 2 weeks are recorded should be taken up for discussion in the next GBM. If no objections are received within this stipulated time period of 2 weeks the minutes stand passed.
- ACTION TAKEN REPORT OF PREVIOUS GBM held in Pune, September, 2013 was discussed.
- Dr Ashish Bavdekar informed that syllabus and guidelines of “Fellowship of Pediatric Gastroenterology under the auspices of ISPGHAN” has not been formulated. Dr Yachha President of ISPGHAN assured the house that this will be done within a month from now and circulated for initiation at different centers in India.
- Members raised the issue of poor communication. A limitation of limited communication was explained by Dr Neelam Mohan secretary. Remedial steps were discussed and will be implemented at an earliest by getting e-addresses registered.
- MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE BODY MEETING ( EBM) HELD ON 19 JULY, 2014 AT GURGAONMembers were apprised with the decisions/new initiatives. Amendments/ suggestions from GB members were sought and if agreed were incorporated as are mentioned below :
- REGISTRATION MEMBERSHIP FORM HAS BEEN DESIGNED WITH FULL DETAILS : Form is now ready with the Secretary. It was decided that Secretary should send this form to all existing members as an attachment and collect the forms filled. In addition the form to be uploaded on the ISPGHAN website with the caption of “How to become a member?” Form should also contain an additional line of fee of Rs. 1000 (Rs. One thousand only) for existing members of Pediatric Gastroenterology Chapter of IAP till July 31st 2016. Registration number of ISPGHAN to be allotted only after form is filled and registration fee realized in the account. Online membership is not feasible immediately as agreed by everyone. Receipt book to give receipt to members who submit registration fee is ready with Secretary. Receipt need to contain ISPGHAN stamp. All membership fees to be submitted to secretary who shall issue receipts.
- NEWLY DESIGNED LOGO OF ISPGHAN : GBM was informed that the Society Logo has been registered as a trade mark. GBM approved the same.
- WEBSITE : A new domain www.ispghan.org obtained. The website to be managed by “First online India “ company.
Responsibility of material to be uploaded on website was given to a committee comprising of Dr. Malathi, Dr. Vidyut and Dr. Yogesh.
Dr. Vidyut to provide reading materials for parents and various newsletters of Society and CSO.
Dr. Yogesh to provide recently published articles/abstracts/link by our members and other relevant articles on a quarterly basis.
Dr. Malathi to review the content and finally before uploading the content to be circulated to the EB members for their information and suggestion if any. If no comments in 7 days, it to be uploaded on website.
FUNDS : Funds of Pediatric subspecialty stand transferred to ISPGHAN account. Efforts made by Dr Ashish Bavdekar were greatly appreciated. Rs. 5.0 lacs to be made as a fixed deposit of the total funds available at present in ISPGHAN account to increase generation of increased income as interest. This was approved by GBM.
“MEHTA, MITTAL, SANKARANARAYANAN” Oration was approved after deliberations. This will be given annually to a Pediatric Gastroenterologist who has contributed significantly to the field in India. Guidelines for the award were approved. Applications for the award to be announced in July every year
NUTRITION : It was proposed by Dr. Yachha to incorporate Nutrition related topics in subsequent meetings and agreed by all.
ISPGHAN activities proposed for next year:
- 1. Practice guideline on constipation- funded by ISPGHAN. Dr. Lalit Bharadia volunteered to host the meeting in Jaipur.
- 2. Collaborative research on ALF and IBD was approved. Guideline approved to this effect to be circulated along with call for proposals by the secretary.
CERTIFICATE COURSE IN ADVANCED PEDIATRIC NUTRITION PROPOSED BY DR. NARESH SHANMUGAM : Agreed by the house. Dr. Naresh to coordinate for first 2 years followed by rotation to other members/ centers. Further action/ modifications will be done by the Society
It was decided to encourage Ped Gastro meeting in several states under the banner of ISPGHAN in association with the local IAP Chapter.
RESOLUTIONS SUGGESTED BY DR. S K YACHHA –
Availability of a) Special formulas b). Drugs: Trientine and NTBC in India considering the utmost need to salvage Indian infants and children. The resolution was passed by GBM. Dr. S K Yachha to get this endorsed by other allied societies for onward submission to appropriate authorities of Government of India.
Dr. S K Mittal stressed upon need for having a guideline on Gluten-free standards in India. House felt to have a separate resolution passed on the same in next meeting.
ALL OFFICIAL COMMUNICATIONS to be done on ISPGHAN letter head.
OFFICE BEARERS THANKED ALL THE MEMBERS FOR THEIR VALUABLE INPUTS AND HELP RENDERED FOR ISPGHAN.
GBM AND OFFICE BEARERS OF ISPGHAN THANKED DR GEETHA AND HER TEAM AT KOCHI FOR ORGANIZING A MEANINGFUL ACADEMIC PROGRAM AND FOR PROVIDING GREAT HOSPITALITY FOR ORGANIZING ISPGHAN ANNUAL MEETING.
EB MEETING WAS HELD ON 21 SEPTEMBER, 2014
- ISPGHAN NEXT ANNUAL MEETING : Dr. Neelam shall be hosting next CAPGAN meeting on 2-4 October, 2015 in Delhi. It was agreed by EB members to club ISPGHAN meet with CAPGAN for the sake of convenience. ISPGHAN activities including research awards and Oration etc will be retained with one day completely dedicated for this activity.
- CONSTITUTION AMENDMENT : It was earlier decided to postpone the time of Annual GBM from existing 30 Sep to 31st Dec of every year. Since this involves a prior correspondence, it could not be done in this meeting. Dr. Neelam to look at the constitution and accordingly circulate a mail suggesting the amendment so that it can be agreed upon in the next GBM. Meanwhile Dr. Srinivas to check the constitution and accordingly submit late fees since next GBM shall be only after 30 September (on 2-4 Oct meeting)
- Dr. Neelam to hire a secretary to work for ISPGHAN part time (2 hour/day) after the routine office hours to facilitate regular communication to the members. A honorarium of Rs 5000/month for next 1 year was agreed upon by the EB members for the secretary. She could be paid directly by Jt. Treasurer Dr. Srinivas by CHEQUE OR Bank transfer.
- Dr. Neelam to spend for stationary as cash and get it reimbursed from Jt. Treasurer against valid receipts.
- For ease of operability, Secretary to authorize Dr. Nirmala (based in Chennai) to sign on cheque on her behalf.
- A new mail Id has been created for ISPGHAN Secretariat.- email@example.com
DR. NEELAM MOHAN
SECRETARY – ISPGHAN (2013-2015)
Minutes of the GBM of ISPGHAN September 28, 2013, Pune
(Registered under The Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975, Sl No-361of 2013)
DATE: 28 SEP 2013VENUE: HOTEL LE MERIDIAN, PUNE TIME 6 – 8 PM
This started with announcement as the last meeting of Ped Gastro Chapter of IAP and First meeting of ISPGHAN
Dr. Ashish Bavdekar read the minutes of last meeting held in Lucknow last year
Procuring details of Ped Gastro members address: Dr. Neelam has sent 3 reminders to IAP office bearers requesting same, however not received the same from IAP. List of members is available on ISPGHAN website, however latest address is lacking
Dr. Neelam was requested to make a hard copy of Ped Gastro Members directory.
Website committee formed earlier (Dr. Malathi, Dr. Srinivas, Dr. Yogesh Waikar and Dr. Vidyut Bhatia) to upload guidelines/consensus/abstract. Dr. S K Mittal suggested to provide link to publications made by society members for information and benefit of others. Dr. John Mathai suggested to put all abstracts and proceedings on the website. Dr. Dinesh Banur suggested to put parents information column in the website.
Dr. Neelam was requested to circulate the current guidelines for Fellowship/training in Ped Gastro under IAP banner. It was felt that these guidelines should be in sync with MCI guidelines /DNB guidelines for training in Ped Gastro.
House agreed for 1 year fellowship under ISPGHAN and MD or equivalent to be eligible for same. On Dr. S K Mittal suggestion a three member team of ISPGHAN (Dr. V S Shankarnarayanan, Dr. S K Yachha and Dr. S K Mittal) were nominated for a committee to help develop Guidelines for Fellowship.
Dr. V S Shankarnarayanan however expressed that he is in the process of assisting DNB for formulation of guidelines and wanted to make everyone aware of the same.
E MAIL GROUP
Everyone applauded efforts of Dr. Shrish to manage the email group.
CELIAC SUPPORT ORGANIZATION
Dr. Sushma briefed about the activities held under CSO banner in past 1 year and everyone appreciated the work done
Dr. S K Mittal suggested everyone in different geographical areas to report cases so that CSO can convince Government about Celiac disease being Pan India Issue and help get Gluten Free products available at a cheaper rate. A need for registry of Celiac disease was felt by most.
A new 3 member to be formed as per constitution
CELIAC ACTIVITY IN 2014
To be conducted in Delhi by Dr. S K Mittal
ELECTION PROCESS ISPGHAN
Dr. Shiela Bhave election process. Following were elected unopposed:
Dr. S K Yachha – President
Dr. Neelam Mohan – Secretary
Dr. Shrish Bhatnagar(UP) – Executive member
Dr. Raj Kumar Gupta (Raj) – Executive member
Dr. Gautam(WB) – Executive member
To have a pan India presence, Dr. Lalit Bharadia (Raj) who had filled his nomination for Executive member, volunteered to be the Treasurer which created 2 vacant seats for Executive member. Dr. Vidyut Bhatia (New Delhi) and Dr. Nirmal ( TN) were nominated by the house for the same.
Dr. Srinivas (TN) was nominated as Jt. Treasurer
Narrated by Dr. Ashish Bavdekar. It was decided to transfer the entire amount (Rs. 7.65 lacs) to the ISPGHAN account in Chennai and close the chapter account in Pune. Account last audited in March 2013.
Dr. Srinivas was requested to open the society account in a Bank in Chennai and apply for a PAN card.
AMENDMENTS IN THE CONSTITUTION
Following amendments were felt to be done in the Constitution and decided to proceed as per by laws
- Change GBM by 30 Sep of every year to 31st Dec of every year
- Subsequent election should aim for Executive members from different zones
- Add a post for Editor of Newsletter
- Add Nutritionist category in the membership
All office bearers were requested to go through the Memorandum.
John Mathai suggested transferring existing members into ISPGHAN for 3 years (till 31st Dec 2016). After this period members can extend their membership to life membership by paying a fee of Rs 1000.
New members shall be recruited into one of the following categories as per the constitution with following fees in bracket– Life (Rs. 3000), Associate Life (Rs. 2000), Affiliate Foreign (100 $), Elected and Allied health member.
Application form for membership to be prepared by Dr. Neelam and to be uploaded on website.
Dr. Pawan Rawal suggested – Common performa of the disease to be prepared and uploaded on the website
Dr. Geeta was encouraged to carry on Newsletter work. Till this is done, faculty talks could be uploaded on website as suggested by Dr. Barath. It was decided to have a Newsletter committee of 3-4 people.
The GBM concluded with thanks to everyone and best wishes to the newly elected body.
SECRETARY – ISPGHAN (2013 – 2015)
DR. NEELAM MOHAN